tempoMark - documentation and use

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: tempoMark - documentation and use
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 23:21:08 +0100

I've got a problem with this ...

I don't know if it's been dealt with in the documentation but in the 2.12.2 manual section 4.3 (and 12.1.2), this function still uses no-spacing-rods, which 2.12 doesn't support. I was advised to use extra-spacing-width so I'm not affected, but anyone who copies the documentation will get caught.

And I'm having a problem using it. It over-rides rehearsal.mark, but tempo declarations typically occur at rehearsal marks! So clashing marks means my tempo declarations get thrown away!

I tried creating a copy of tempoMark and adding a "\default" to it, but it didn't like it ... reading the manual I guess both "\default" and "\markup" return stencils, but \markup doesn't like being passed a stencil :-)

So - is there a function that combines stencils? Or where can I find the code for \default (I did look ...) so I can try and write a defaultPlus function that takes a string argument ... I found the LSR example that combines the rehearsal mark with segnos, codas etc but that looks an awful palaver...

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden