Re: Re: PDF Problem

From: Aaron Andrew Hunt
Subject: Re: Re: PDF Problem
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 14:57:08 -0500

On May 11, 2009, at 2:24 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Dewdman,
It might help to read this:
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/smart-questions.html

Very interesting link! It might as well be called "In Defense of Being a Complete A-Hole"

No, programmers / hackers are smart folks and they are not customer service representatives, but many of them could really stand to be more ... like, uh, "normal" people, you know ... polite?

Just an idea!

=====

I found it (or someone directed me to it) when I was first starting to
use Linux and Lilypond, and it had a great impact on the way I approach
mailing lists and the people we find there.  I'm not a hacker, but a
music professor, and so this whole open-source world was very new to me.

Even if you brought this up two years ago in a polite way (which I don't
doubt), it doesn't mean you can come in swinging after all that time
demanding to know why something hasn't been done about it. Besides all
that, I don't see a problem with the way LP pdf output looks in
Acroread.  Looks great to me, and if the devs are happy with their pdf
output as well, why should they bother fixing it? To me there's nothing
broken in the first place.  Maybe I don't have a true engraver's eye,
though. To my eye LP's output looks better than the same files done up
in Finale (which I used for 8 years before turning to Lilypond).

Best,

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp