Re: git not fetching from origin...

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: git not fetching from origin...
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:08:10 -0700 (PDT)

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
> OK, so try the instructions in 1.5.6.  Do you
> have both branches listed, as described in 1.5.6?

When the "Local Branch" radio button is selected,
only lily-local appears. When the "Tracking Branch"
is selected, only origin/master appears. The "Fetch
Tracking Branch" checkbox is selected, but not the
"Detach from Local Branch" checkbox.

> Just to humor me, try a couple of commands...

> 1.  git pull
3-4 seconds of blinking underscore cursor, then a
new command prompt ($).

> 2.  git pull origin
same as above.

> 3.  git pull origin master
Fromgit://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond
 * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.

I still get the same error in the gui with
Remote -> Fetch from -> origin

Is the information in CG 1.5 incorrect?

Is there any way to get the bash shell to communicate
with the Windows clipboard (copy/paste)? If I want to
report an error message that's 20 lines long, do I
have to copy it manually?

Thanks.
- Mark