Re: DOCS: revising LM "Score and Parts"

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: DOCS: revising LM "Score and Parts"
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 08:36:59 -0500

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

On 5/21/09 4:16 PM, "John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

Graham Percival a écrit :
Also, I'm slightly leery about how the Makefile stuff would be
introduced -- it should be obvious that this only works on linux
and osx (by default), and would require a lot of additional
software to run on window.
A default Cygwin installation provides all you need for this IIRC < this
is a lot anyway, but this is doable with a few clicks :-)

Can't the Windows user just download GNU Make for Windows?

<http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/make.htm>

I see no need to get a full Cygwin package just for make.

But aren't the commands run from the Makefile dependent on something like Cygwin? I honestly don't know, I'm just wondering.

If you'd like, I can ask on user for a guinea pig.

Carl

This is a good idea, Carl. I wouldn't mind trying it myself. My son's laptop has XP on one partition but I don't know if I'll be able to get on there and try this out. I'd be a good one to try it, though, because I'm totally clueless on Windows, and if I can get it working then anybody could. :)

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com