Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 14:07:33 -0500

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
http://www.jonathankulp.com/makefiles.pdf

. What does the `$' in the directory structure stands for?

. There's a severe error in the `%.pdf %.midi' rule: Its command is
  not indented!  You have to convert the `tab' characters into
  something different (probably eight spaces) to get proper
  indentation and tell the user that tab characters must be used
  there.[1]

  The same holds for the command of the `archive' target; in the other
  makefiles which I have just skimmed there are similar issues.

Ah! Indeed. I didn't realize those tab characters weren't transferring right. Will fix. Thanks for catching that. :)

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com