Re: development on windows

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: development on windows
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 08:51:52 -0500

Jonathan Kulp wrote:

under 700MB to fit on a CD. I would go with Debian but the tool "remastersys" is specifically made for doing Ubuntu remixes and I'm not sure it would work with straight Debian.

I was wrong about this. It's for Debian or Ubuntu. I can do Debian if you think it's better. The question then is which desktop environment to install. GNOME has all that Evolution stuff that's really hard to strip out b/c so many things depend on it. XFCE is what I use but newer users may not find it as friendly as gnome. I'm not comfortable with KDE at all.

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com