Re: LSR update policies, and WTM is input/new/revised/ ?

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: LSR update policies, and WTM is input/new/revised/ ?
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 14:54:46 -0500

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 07:46:10PM -0500, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> I read the diff for CG when it came in this morning and the LSR stuff
> looks good to me. If you want, we could also include the script I wrote
> for checking all the snippets at once. Carl suggested that it go in the
> docs somewhere.

Yes, please.  In that new subsection would be great.

Graham, here's a patch with the script for running and checking all of the lsr snippets. Also fixed a typo (Uptating > Updating). BTW there are a bunch of warnings when I run "make doc":

 ** `Fixing snippets in LilyPond sources' is up for `Updating LSR to a new version', but has no menu entry for this node
WARNING: Node 'Compiling from source' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Downloading source code' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Requirements' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Requirements' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Requirements' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Requirements' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Building LilyPond' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Building LilyPond' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Building LilyPond' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Building LilyPond' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Building LilyPond' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Building documentation' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Commands for building documentation' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Building documentation without compiling LilyPond' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Testing LilyPond' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Problems' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Problems' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Problems' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Problems' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Problems' was NOT found in the map
cp /home/jon/lilypond/Documentation/lilypond*.css out-www/contrib-guide/
texi2html -I /home/jon/lilypond/Documentation/user --I=/home/jon/lilypond/out/xref-maps  --I=. --I=./out-www -D bigpage --output=out-www/contrib-guide-big-page.html --init-file=/home/jon/lilypond/lilypond-texi2html.init out-www/contrib-guide.texi
** `Fixing snippets in LilyPond sources' is up for `Updating LSR to a new version', but has no menu entry for this node

The pdf output seems to be o.k. but the warnings aren't normal.

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com