Re: texi2html web page, second attempt

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: texi2html web page, second attempt
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 11:12:57 -0400

Hi all,

3)  Ok, so why do I want to use texinfo so much?
- makes pdfs+info.  I personally *never* use those formats, but I
  know that some people still use them.  IMO, if we're going to
  support those formats for the manuals, we should support them
  for the information that's on the website.

For what it's worth, I almost always go to the pdf manual first when I need to find something.

Just for balance I always go to the HTML manual.

1. Since I'm offline more than 50% of the time I'm engraving, I use the PDF manual.

2. I prefer the PDF interface, especially for searching. [And, yes, I know how to Google the docs.] Perhaps when the AJAX searching features are built-in to the HTML docs, this difference will be eliminated?

Just my 2ยข.
Kieren.