Re: ppppp but no fffff

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: ppppp but no fffff
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:30:31 +0200

Jay Anderson <address@hidden> writes:

> See page 86 of the first file and page 44 of the second file at the
> Andante non tanto. The strings and the woodwinds are at the full fffff
> while the brass and percussion are only at ffff :).

Reminds me of that rehearsal joke where the conductor stops the
orchestra, frowns, and says "Forte, messieurs les brass, forte!"  They
play again.  The conductor waves them off, frowns more, and says "Forte,
I say!".  They give everything they can.  The conductor stops again,
furious, and hisses "Forte, not fortissimo!".