Re: changing \version number in Welcome*.ly files

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: changing \version number in Welcome*.ly files
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:31:13 -0700

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 09:35:34AM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:

> Should we get in the habit of changing the \version numbers in
> Welcome-to-LilyPond-MacOS.ly and Welcome-to-LilyPond.ly every time
> the version is bumped? At least we should remember to do it after
> we bump into 2.14.0 and before we release 2.14.0.

Yes for every major release.  It's definitely not worth updating
it manually between releases.  It would be neat if this \version
could automatically reflect the current release.

Also note that I'm not at all certain that ly/Welcome* are the
files that get added to the releases; those might come from
elsewhere (i.e., somewhere in GUB or lilypad).