Re: RFC: new vertical layout engine

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: RFC: new vertical layout engine
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:48:36 +0200

Am Montag, 22. Juni 2009 15:31:14 schrieb Joe Neeman:
> A quick update on the new vertical spacing: the version now in dev/jneeman
> has most of the features that I had planned

Wow, I just tried it out for the first time, and I must say I'm impressed,
Finally the scores look like professional full scores. However, I have run
into two problems:

-) When the last staff of a group is harakiri'ed, then there is no stretching
after the group at all. Also, if the whole group is harakiried, there is also
no stretching after the previous group.

-) The staves of a piano staff are also stretched, so the piano staff looks
very
strange... Even worse, it seems that the piano staff is stretched MORE than the
other groups...

I'm attaching an example displaying both problems. The PDF output can be found
at:
http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/~reinhold/LilyPond/VerticalStretching/vertical_streching_harakiri.pdf

Cheers,
Reinhold