[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: LSR, updates and committishes

From: Till Paala
Subject: Re: LSR, updates and committishes
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 19:53:26 +0300
User-agent: Thunderbird (X11/20090318)

Francisco Vila schrieb:
2009/6/28 Till Paala <address@hidden>:
If it is easy for you to somehow just update all German commitishes in
input/texidocs, run, so that the changes get into the .ly files
and commit the whole story I would be really greatful.

The current scheme of committishes on texidoc files makes hard to do
this automatically, because languages can be in any order into the
file. How can it be said what language it belongs?
I thought John is so python savvy that he does this kind of script easily. At least does the same: it (obviously?) checks for the next line after the comment and sees what language it belongs to (at least that's my guess).
 I suggest to mark
the line with the language code such as

%% es Translation of GIT committish: b2d431(...)
  texidoces = "..."

%% de Translation of GIT committish: 17633f (...)
 texidocde = "..."


%% Translation of GIT committish: b2d431(...) es
  texidoces = "..."

This way would be very easy for a translator to make a script that
batch updates the files.
That would make some more work but if it would ease updating work it might be worth.
On a second thought it doesn't seem anymore so urgent to me to have the  check-translation check files from input/lsr because the text seems to get hardly ever updated: sometimes there might be minor corrections but the normally don't matter to the translation. And when a new function is needed it takes normally the form of a totally new snippet. On the other hand, now we'll have to update everytime another translation is added to the snippet file, because it updates the files in input/lsr.

What I did when there were hundredths of outdated files was to copy
them all to another directory, change all their committishes to the
updated one in all languages (which is temporally wrong for all but
for your language),  then call repeatedly the meld utility from a
script for all pairs of files (original and changed) as arguments, and
selecting with the mouse the correct one, then saving the file.

I did it by hand, well just a bit less than one hour of time I think. hm.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]