Re: Issue #612 still not fixed

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Issue #612 still not fixed
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 19:08:57 +0200

2009/7/5 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> The current policy is that only crashes and regressions get higher
> priority; everything else is medium, low, or postponed.  If we
> listed those bugs as higher priority, would it change anything?
> Would Chris work on it before Aug?  Would somebody else pick up
> that work and do it sooner?

IMSO (S stands for "Sorry"), the main point is less to fix new bugs
than firstly to make sure people who have begun fixing a bug actually
end up having fixed said bug. That's not about priority, that's about
not losing patches, no matter how poorly coded or documented or
relevant they may be.

One thing we (meaning, a dedicated and reliable BugMeister...) could
do to make sure patches don't go ignored, is mark issues as "Started"
whenever a patch is posted and not applied.

Regards,
Valentin