Re: Snippets in doc compile different from stand-alone

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Snippets in doc compile different from stand-alone
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:08:31 -0600

On 7/10/09 3:58 PM, "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 7/10/09 3:43 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 03:37:36PM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>>> Is there a different version of LilyPond called when make doc is running?  I
>>> can't figure out what the story is.  Any clues would be appreciated.
>>
>> There's different formatting options.
>
> It's not the different fomratting options that I'm wondering about.
>
> Let me give you an example of what I mean.
>
> The following snippet is in rhythms.itely:
>
> When multiple voices are used the @code{Staff} context must be
> specified if the beaming is to be applied to all voices in the
> staff:
>
> @lilypond[quote,verbatim,relative=2]
> \time 7/8
> % rhythm 3-1-1-2
> % Context not specified - does not work correctly
> % Because of autogenerated voices, all beating will
> % be at beatLength (1 . 8)
> \overrideBeamSettings #'Voice #'(7 . 8) #'end #'((* . (3 1 1 2)))
> << {a8 a a a16 a a a a8 a} \\ {f4. f8 f f f} >>
>
> % Works correctly with context specified
> \overrideBeamSettings #'Staff #'(7 . 8) #'end #'((* . (3 1 1 2)))
> << {a8 a a a16 a a a a8 a} \\ {f4. f8 f f f} >>
> @end lilypond

Ahh -- there is a clue here that I hadn't noticed before.  The comments in
the code are different in the snippet from  rhythms.itely and the doc
output.

That means that the snippet in rhythms.itely is *not* the one that is being
compiled for the docs.

So now the question is -- why would the current snippet not be compiled?

Thanks,

Carl