Re: SVG status update

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: SVG status update
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 23:37:21 -0700

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:45:53PM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:

> Patrick McCarty wrote:
> > So I spent a few hours today hacking on the SVG output...
> > What do you think?
>
> Wow. Nice work.
>
> I don't quite understand why the textual elements look rasterized,
> but I guess that's what you're still working on. Not having studied
> too much SVG, I use the poor man's SVG test: crank up the page zoom
> to full blast!

That's because the textual elements *are* rasterized.  :-)

I'm only working on the on-the-fly conversions for the SVG fonts
(Emmentaler and Aybabtu).

I can imagine on-the-fly conversions for everything else happening
eventually, but right now, the rendering for normal text will depend
on the fonts you have installed on your system.

Thanks,
Patrick