Re: SVG status update

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: SVG status update
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:55:39 -0700 (PDT)

Patrick McCarty wrote:
> > P.S.: What's all this about text element being rasterized or converted
> > to paths? I can edit them as regular text elements in Inkscape without
> > problems.
>
> Now that I think about it, I'm not really sure what Mark was referring
> to.  Possibly the low graphics quality at 100% zoom in Firefox.

I've attached 2 PNGs, one at 100% zoom and one at 300%. The graphics
quality for the musical elements is excellent but the text comes out
pixellated. Using Firefox 3.0.11 on Windows XP. I guess the text output
depends on the installed fonts that Firefox sees on my system, but I
wonder if that's a good idea. I'm thinking that svg output can be used
for web apps (like wikipedia for instance), and I wouldn't want musical
examples to suffer from such user dependencies.

Though my understanding of the issues involved is rather limited, so I
might just be missing the point.

Thanks.
- Mark