Re: PATCH: Consolidate autobeaming to one property that controls it

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: PATCH: Consolidate autobeaming to one property that controls it
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 23:08:29 +0100

2009/7/12 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:

> I don't know.  I didn't write displayLilyMusic; that was Nicolas IIRC.  I do
> know that \time 3/4 executes those functions.  It's really easy to go
> forward in the parse tree (i.e. from \time 3/4 to \set Timing....), but I
> don't know any way to reliably go in reverse.

It looks like the matching process works by generating an equivalent
music expression then comparing it with the input (see
define-music-display-methods.scm, from line 971).

I imagine part of the reason it doesn't work is that you've removed
the setting for beatGrouping.

> I guess I'm not *too* concerned that \displayLilyMusic return exactly what
> what entered into it.  As long as it returns valid music expressions, then I
> think it's probably OK.

OK, perhaps a TODO in the file will suffice for now,

Regards,
Neil