Re: "anchors" in the music stream?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: "anchors" in the music stream?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:47:50 -0400

Hello all,

Jay's "\addTo" twist gave me a (naive) thought...
If \addTo simply constructed (e.g., appended to) an ordered list of moment-event (moment-grob?) pairs, couldn't the parser simply grab the one(s) it needed at any given moment?

Yaay! For one, it would simply change my life :-)

Agreed.

I'm not sure if it is at all possible without major changes to the way
Lily currently works though. I'll wait a few days to see where this
discussion goes, but please nag me if I ever forget to add it as a
feature request in the tracker (I'd certainly put a bounty on this one).

I'm in for $$ as well.
Kieren.