John's getting a PhD! (was: something about building stuff)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: John's getting a PhD! (was: something about building stuff)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 02:02:22 -0700

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 09:25:01PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> I strive to update the CG and maintenance scripts and push this
> on Monday; now I know I've been awarded a PhD grant at math
> department of Pisa University (Italy),

Congratulations!  There seems to be a strong correlation between
working on lilypond and getting PhDs.  Are you starting in Sep
2009?  If so, we'll have to race to see who finishes first.  ;)

> I'm going to spend for LilyPond the time I may probably no
> longer have for three years, not counting the delay of all what
> I have already promised to do for months :-P

In this case, updating the CG (eventually -- once all the build
stuff and translation infrastructure is finished) is even more
important.