Re: Feature request: 'line' articulation

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: Feature request: 'line' articulation
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 01:07:08 +0900

2009/7/26 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:

> I think that Werner was saying the feature request is to add a glyph to the
> font.  But while we wait for that to happen, to add a drawn rectangle is a
> definite benefit.

I was talking about adding a glyph to the font, too. But the glyph is
basically just a rectangle, and there already exists a function for
drawing these (to wit, draw_rounded_block() in feta-macros.mf), so
it's not a big deal. It's just a question of fiddling with the
parameters and finding a nice name for the glyph. Hence my questions.

> The corners of the rectangle should *definitely* be rounded (all of LilyPond
> engraving is rounded).  The standard radius is half of line-thickness.

OK, thanks. Any suggestions for a name? I can't think of a good one
which concisely captures the glyph's meaning (mainly because I don't
know what that meaning is :-P).

Cheers,
Max