between-system-space, foot-separation?????????

From: Werner
Subject: between-system-space, foot-separation?????????
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 08:51:30 +0000 (UTC)

page-formatting
paper-block, vertical an horizontal spacing:

If I try to tune the layout to put music exactly on one sheet, i play with

#(set-global-staff-size XX)

But I'm not pleased with lilyponds behavior.

It usually jumps
- from printing everything on one sheet with small spaces between systems and
*huge* space between footer (tagline) and last system (while NR says
foot-separation default is 4mm, it's 2.65cm e.g.)
- to printing on two pages, then with large spaces between systems on first page
printing the last system on the first page very low (as defined bottom-margin in
paper-block).

(Also tuning between-system-space and between-system-padding doesn't always work
as expected.)

So the original issue I'm answering to still seems to be unsolved (?).