Re: PATCH: Arrowed accidentals for microtone notation

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: PATCH: Arrowed accidentals for microtone notation
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:41:33 +0900

2009/7/27 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> I'm not at all certain that these arrows should be indicated with
> different pitch names -- why not define
>  \accidentalArrowsOn
>  \accidentalArrowsOff
> or some such commands, then use the regular pitch names?

I guess for the same reason why you don't want generic \sharpOn,
\sharpOff, \flatOn, \flatOff commands -- because arrowed accidentals
indicate a pitch different from the regular one and you would still
like to be able to easily use notes with arrowed accidentals along
notes with regular accidentals. But I'm not a user of microtonal music
at all, so let's wait for the experts to chime in.

> In addition, the default language in lilypond is Dutch, so I must
> insist that you add -is -es style pitch names (if there's a
> compelling reason to use separate pitch names).  The main
> documentation would also need to use those Dutch names.

OK, I'll see to providing these once we have an agreement what we really want.

Cheers,
Max