Re: tabs vs. spaces in source code

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: tabs vs. spaces in source code
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:13:56 +0200

Le 27 juil. 09 à 17:16, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 5:30 AM, Graham
Percival<address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 06:15:31PM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:
Thanks, Neil. My editor does confusing things with tabs.
I hate them. Who would object if I just started running
tabs->spaces on the source docs? I think we should have
a strict no-tabs rule. And I'm in good company:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-04/msg00103.html

If the programmers, particularly Han-Wen (who appears to already
agree with this) decide to make it a standard, fine.  This should
also be mentioned in the CG, just like all the doc policy items.

Sure - just include a .emacs snippet in the appropriate docs, so I
know how to configure my editor, if I ever get to hacking lily again.
:)

(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(indent-tabs-mode nil))

Documentation:
*Indentation can insert tabs if this is non-nil.