Re: arpeggio example in Notation Reference - tiny edit

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: arpeggio example in Notation Reference - tiny edit
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:32:43 +0100

Federico Bruni wrote Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:12 PM

I would have a very tiny edit for the documentation.

It's a very small detail and normal users of lilypond will laugh at me, but I think it's useful for newbies (like me).

Notation Reference, 1.3.3, section "Arpeggio":

This is the second example:

<c e g c>2\arpeggio
\arpeggioArrowUp
<c e g c>2\arpeggio
\arpeggioArrowDown
<c e g c>2\arpeggio
\arpeggioNormal
<c e g c>2\arpeggio

I think a newbie can't see immediately the four parts.
So I would write something like this:

<c e g c>2\arpeggio
\arpeggioArrowUp <c e g c>2\arpeggio
\arpeggioArrowDown <c e g c>2\arpeggio
\arpeggioNormal <c e g c>2\arpeggio

This way the structure is much more clear.

I'm not happy about placing the predefs on the same line
as the notes, but I take your point.  Instead, I've placed a
blank line between the several chords, like this:

<c e g c>2\arpeggio

\arpeggioArrowUp
<c e g c>2\arpeggio

\arpeggioArrowDown
<c e g c>2\arpeggio

\arpeggioNormal
<c e g c>2\arpeggio

which I think makes the separation equally clear.

I've done the same for the following example too.

Thanks for the comment!

Trevor