Re: Adjusting "Piano centered dynamics" template and "Les Néréides"

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Adjusting "Piano centered dynamics" template and "Les Néréides"
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 00:38:42 -0700

On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 22:57 +0100, Neil Puttock wrote:
> 2009/7/31 Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:
>
> > It should be sufficient to simply remove the definition of the Dynamics
> > context from these files (and the \accepts Dynamics part from
> > PianoStaff). The default Dynamics context is very similar (and drew
> > heavily from) the piano dynamics template, so it should be a drop-in
> > replacement.
>
> This works fine for the dynamics themselves, but there are two issues
> concerning pedals and text:
>
> In the centred template, the pedals are too close to the bass stave.
> Perhaps the snippet should define a separate Pedals context to ensure
> they're positioned correctly (or just add the pedal directions to the
> bass part).

I've added some more stretchable space and a little padding to Dynamics,
so the pedals look better. If you think pedals and dynamics should be
treated differently, feel free to add a new context. I haven't actually
updated the snippet because I don't know the protocol for updating
snippets.

> In "Les Néréides", there's a problem with text alignment: both "rall."
> and "a tempo" should be centred with the dynamics, but they appear too
> high or too low (depending on the text direction).

I've updated "Les Néréides" (ie. removed the extraneous definition of
Dynamics) and fixed the text/dynamic alignment.

Joe