Re: git hang-ups

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: git hang-ups
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 01:33:56 -0700

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 01:23:11AM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:
> Does anyone know -- is there any harm in just generating a new
> SSH key pair?

Absolutely no problems.  Go ahead.

> I think my modem gives me a different IP address
> from time to time. I could be making that up, and I don't know
> if that would even affect the SSH stuff.

Most ISPs deliberately don't guarantee IP addresses, so it's quite
reasonable that it would change.  This won't effect SSH, though.
But in the interest of problem elimination, definitely try
generating a new key pair.  Just remember that savannah needs an
hour or so to update it.