Re: lilypond-book turns longas below the staff into breves

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: lilypond-book turns longas below the staff into breves
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:01:37 -0400

    Francisco> it's a Longa with the cropped stem that makes it to
    Francisco> appear as a breve.  Change g,\longa to

    Francisco>    <g, g,>\longa
    Francisco> and the stem appears (the lower g still is cropped)

Actually, what I did was print the part in a different clef.  It's
really inauthentic to have music of that era (it was a transcription
from the Odhecaton) with ledger lines anyway.  The new clef is a
better option.

But this is a scary bug -- the music was correct when I proofread the
individual part, and when I listened to the MIDI file, and when I
looked at the score to make sure all the parts were the same length
(this was a middle part).  Only the part as printed by lilypond-book,
which is what I play at actual rehearsals, was wrong.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I’m at the very peak of my decline.

Leonard Bernstein