Re: Guidelines for bounding boxes?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Guidelines for bounding boxes?
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:27:17 +0200 (CEST)

> One has to keep in mind that Metafont does not permit more than 16
> different heights per font (something like that, I don't remember
> the exact details).

Yes, this problem already bites us.  I'll add a bug tracker item which
suggests to split the Metafont output into even smaller units, say, 16
glyphs per subfont, to circumvent the problem.  It's basically a
logistic change which can be done even with minimal knowledge of the
Metafont language -- perhaps this is something for a frog?

    Werner