Re: Dead lyrics context still occupies vertical space

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Dead lyrics context still occupies vertical space
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 02:17:55 +0200

2009/8/11 Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:
> Is the footer too close to the lyrics? The default value (in the paper
> block) for bottom-system-spacing is
> bottom-system-spacing = #'((space . 1) (padding . 1) (min-distance . 0)
> (stretchability . 5))
>
> Could you try an increased padding value (maybe 2 or 3)?

3 is fine; 2 is too close IMO

>> When it's not stretched, the default stave padding is still not
>> satisfying for me, I hate to say.
>
> Is it too tight? Try overriding ChoirStaff.StaffGrouper
> #'between-staff-spacing #'space to something larger (default is 9).

This seems to be a dangerous variable: 9 is not enough; more than 9
makes systems to be closer than staves in a system, which one should
always avoid.

In my example, possibly staves should benefit from a hard padding on
top, say 4 spaces or so. Otherwise lyrics collide with the next staff.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org