Re: LilyPond concept glossary?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: LilyPond concept glossary?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:18:33 -0700 (PDT)

My "concept glossary" idea is now called a "technical glossary".
I thought the name was fine when it was suggested, but now I'm
realizing something -- I'd also like it to list terms that are not
specifically dealing with LilyPond *internals*. Such as:

the archives
the LSR
the tracker
Rietveld
Savannah

These include words in the LP "vernacular". So when someone comes
across one of these terms in the archives for example, they'll
have a place to look up the definition.

I believe that a central location for such jargon definitions will
be very valuable. If they don't fit in a "technical glossary" than
we should change the name of the glossary. Because I don't expect
that anyone is in favor of adding yet another appendix? Although
an argument could be made for compartmentalizing the resources...

Thoughts?
- Mark