Re: Does \hspace need a vertical extent?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Does \hspace need a vertical extent?
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 15:29:28 +0100

2009/8/10 Thomas Morgan <address@hidden>:

> I'm not aware of this (though I don't doubt that you're right).
> Could you give me an example?

See the attached image, which shows the change in output for the
regression test `chord-names-languages.ly'.

It's not a particularly serious issue, but there are likely to be
other cases (uncovered by the regression tests) where the current
behaviour of \hspace is taken into consideration.

> It works in the context of a `concat', so I think the problem is some
> kind of interaction with `word-space'.

Indeed; there doesn't seem to be a simple relationship between
word-space and the amount of hspace which performs a shift of  (-
word-space).

Regards,
Neil