Re: [git 17e68b85] make error in documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [git 17e68b85] make error in documentation
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 02:56:12 +0100

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:33:11AM -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> On 2009-08-18, John Mandereau wrote:
> > Le mardi 18 août 2009 à 03:55 -0700, Graham Percival a écrit :
> > > If necessary we could use inkscape or rsvg, but I'd rather not
> > > increase the build requirements.  (IIRC inkscape isn't required
> > > for master)
> >
> > Inkscape is required by input/regression/backend-svg.ly, which had been
> > disabled when some version of Inkscape (provided by Fedora 8 or 9 IIRC)
> > could no longer be run without user interaction; Fedora 11 provides
> > 0.47-0.8.20090508svn, which can run in batch mode again, are there
> > objections to reenable that regression test again?
>
> It is a pretty large build requirement for just one regest, but I
> wouldn't mind if we required Inkscape for "make doc".  But I think
> Graham's opinion should count more in this case.  :-)
>
> I hope that the current "convert" command in the
> Documentation/pictures makefile works for everyone, BTW.

As far as the docs go, I think that convert works fine (pending
any more information from Werner).  As a general rule, if our
build requirements are covered in debian stable, then we know that
we're not pushing the bleeding edge.  :)

If inkscape would be useful for the regtests, then by all means
use it.  You're the SVG expert, so I'm not going to argue with you
about that.