Re: user view of website+docs

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: user view of website+docs
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:21:46 -0700

On 2009-08-26, Graham Percival wrote:
> How does this look?
> http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/general/Manuals.html
> http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/general/Learning.html
>
> The second-layer TOC is obviously a work in progress.

I won't comment on the CSS stuff, since I know it will get better.
(But we are getting rid of the brown navbar, right? :-)

> Only Learning, Essay, and All have been done so far (and All is
> only half-done).  If we like the look of this, doing the rest in
> the same style will be easy.

Great!  I like it.

> I'm not certain if we want to include info in the list of doc
> formats.  I can't imagine people wanting to download the info
> files (as opposed to having them installed along with a package or
> from compiling the source), but OTOH, there's no harm dumping the
> link there.

IMO, we should keep the link for info.  You are probably right that
few people would click on that link, but then again, there are several
other links that people are unlikely to click ("LilyPond 2.8
Documentation" comes to mind).

Thanks,
Patrick