The \\ construct for simultaneous voices

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: The \\ construct for simultaneous voices
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 11:11:13 +0100

I've finally got around to thinking about the introduction to parallel voices in the Learning Manual - currently sections 3.2.1 and 3.2.2. You'll remember the many discussions about the two constructs - explicit voices and the \\ construct, and the final agreement to introduce explicit voices first, reversing the present order. I'm now minded to remove mention of the \\ construct from the LM altogether, except for a brief reference to the topic in the NR. This seems the simplest way of avoiding the confusion that frequently arises with the current approach.

Before I start merging 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 to do this I'd welcome your comments.

Trevor