Re: Copyright issues

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Copyright issues
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 01:05:29 +0100

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 04:42:07PM -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> In light of recent suggestions to change LilyPond's copyright to GPLv2
> or later, I am reminded of the Ghostscript 8.70 announcement to
> gs-devel back in July.
>
> Thoughts?

Yes.  My thoughts are "could people reading the maoing previous
discussions already?!?!".

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-07/msg00009.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-05/msg00085.html

If somebody is SERIOUSLY interested in this, and is SERIOUSLY
willing to spend around 50 hours working on the paperwork, and
SERIOUSLY wants to pester everybody to fill out their share of the
paperwork, and SERIOUSLY wants to figure out what to do about
casual or new contributors... then fine.  Step forward.

If you meant ghostscript in particular, then I guess we'll have to
stay with ghostscript <8.70 for now.