Re: Switching to Waf instead of SCons?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Switching to Waf instead of SCons?
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:42:43 +0200

Le vendredi 11 septembre 2009 à 20:39 -0600, Carl Sorensen a écrit :
> I've successfully written the script so that it works on my setup, but where
> should I put configobj.py so that it will be available?  And should I even
> try to go this way, or should I write my own parsing code?

You may put this module in python/auxiliar, which isn't crowded enough
to require creating another directory included in PYTHONPATH for
third-party modules.

> Writing my own code seems like a waste of time, but if the license is going
> to cause problems, I guess I could do so.

It should not cause problems.  We might end up including Waf in the
source tree too (it's less than 100 kb).  The only thing to pay
attention to is making sure third-party modules include copyright
headers and the full text of the license either in the source file or in
a separate file in the source tree.

I'm going to push configure checks for Texinfo this week-end, so let's
be prepared to merge our respectives configure() functions in
wscript :-)

Cheers,
John