Re: releases situation

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: releases situation
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 02:26:09 +0200

Le vendredi 18 septembre 2009 à 18:26 +0100, Graham Percival a écrit :
> 2)  lilypond-doc  doesn't use multiple CPUs.  I was pleasantly
> surprised to find that the general compiling commands (for both
> lilypond and non-lilypond) used -j4, but the "make doc" doesn't
> appear to do this.  I spent a few minutes looking for the reason
> without success; this will be the first thing I attempt on Monday.
> (if nobody else does it first)

The reason used to be that "make -j doc" would have run several
lilypond-book instances at the same time, which would have been really
bad because of the shared snippets database.  But I've fixed this for a
while, so you no longer have to worry about this and happily run make
with the -j option you like; in addition, you should also set CPU_COUNT
appropriately as suggested by Neil.

Cheers,
John