Re: Engraving essay questions and RFC

From: Andrew Hawryluk
Subject: Re: Engraving essay questions and RFC
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:01:38 -0600

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Joe Neeman <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 22:18 -0600, Andrew Hawryluk wrote:
>> - LilyPond 2.13.5 currently has a vertical spacing problem (no padding
>> between staves).
>
> how about this:
> \layout {
>  \context {
>    \PianoStaff
>    \override StaffGrouper #'between-staff-spacing #'padding = #0.5
>  }
> }
>
> If you find a good value, I'll make it the default.
>
> Cheers,
> Joe

I propose #'padding = #1 as the default value for PianoStaff.

Are there other default values in the new spacing engine that need to
be selected, perhaps by referencing good published scores? Overall,
I'm very impressed with the new layout algorithms, and I'd be happy to
pitch in a bit of score measuring if it will help to get the constants
right.

Andrew