Re: AUTHORS material (re)started

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: AUTHORS material (re)started
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 06:42:12 +0000

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 12:34:34AM +0000, Graham Percival wrote:
> - the Jurgen Reuter under Font names is duplicated... oh wait, one
>   is an http.  Hmm.  I generally dislike http links with
>   _link text_, since the documentation is also available in pdf
>   and some people print it off.  Could you rewrite these so that
>   all external links are in the form
>     Graham Percival (http://percival-music.ca):
>   ?

Sorry, now I'm doubting this.  I've realized that we have lots of
other links on the web page without spelling them out like this.
Updating them all would be a fair-sized job, and there's no reason
to single out this page.

That said, I'm not fond of the alternate "Name" vs.
"@email{blah,Name}" vs. "@uref{blah,Name}".  Maybe we should
specify either "Name" or "@email{blah,Name}" (as appropriate),
with a separate "(@uref{blah,website}): " after the first string
if they want a website listed?
Any ideas?

I'm still fairly confident about my other instructions, although
if anything seems questionable, please question it!  :)