Re: midi elapsed time markers

From: Peter Dingley
Subject: Re: midi elapsed time markers
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 00:00:03 +0000 (UTC)

Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson <at> ee.kth.se> writes:

> Unfortunately, it may be quite difficult to implement without changing
> major parts of LilyPond, since currently the  MIDI generation and the
> printed output are done completely separately, one after the other,
> whereas they would have to be done jointly to be able to implement your
> feature request (as far as I can see).

I was thinking of something as simple as using the number of beats
per minute (\tempo ... ) and the the number of beats per bar to work out
the elapsed time. Obviously this gets more complicated when taking
tempo changes into account and any partial bars but it wouldn't necessarily
involve changing the current separate passes for PDF and MIDI generation.