Re: Can't compile docs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Can't compile docs
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:40:57 +0000

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 10:59:09PM +0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/trevor/lilypond-git/scripts/build/out/www_post", line 67,
> in <module>
>     map (os.mkdir, [os.path.join (out_root, d) for d in dirs])
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> 'out-www/offline-root/Documentation/automated-engraving'
> make[1]: *** [WWW-post] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/trevor/lilypond-git'
> make: *** [doc] Error 2

That _might_ be my fault, since I commented it out from
essay.tely.  However, it's still listed in the GNUmakefile, so I
figured it would build anyway.  I suspect that the *actual* error
(i.e. the thing that's making automated-engraving fail to compile)
was anywhere from 100 to 5000 lines (no joke) above this.

Yes, this is stupid and sucks; join the chorus of people who hate
the doc build system.  Now do you see why I really wanted waf to
work?  :/

We don't want automated-engraving any more, so I'll remove that
from the build system.  My guess is that something else is wrong,
though, but there's no easy way to identify it.  Try it again once
I deal with automated-engraving, but don't hold your breath.  :(

Sorry,