Re: Dynamics context spacing issues

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Dynamics context spacing issues
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:42:47 +0000

2009/10/13 Neil Puttock <address@hidden>:
> 2009/10/12 Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:
>
>> Thanks for testing. Do you have an example to show the problem? It was
>> certainly my intention to have Dynamics work with alignment-distances.
>
> Sure, try this:

I've had another look at this, and it seems the only way to get this
to work is to switch off 'staff-affinity and set the distances for
each axis-group (including the loose lines):

upper = \relative c'' {
  \clef treble
  a4 b c d
}
lower = \relative c {
  \clef bass
  a2 c
}
dynamics = {
  s2\fff\> s4 s\!\pp
}

pedal = {
  s2\sustainOn s\sustainOff
}

\score {
  \new PianoStaff = "PianoStaff_pf" <<
    \new Staff = "Staff_pfUpper" \upper
    \new Dynamics = "Dynamics_pf" \dynamics
    \new Staff = "Staff_pfLower" \lower
    \new Dynamics \pedal

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \override NonMusicalPaperColumn #'line-break-system-details =
      #'((alignment-distances . (10 10 5)))
    }
    \context {
      \Dynamics
      \revert VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity
      % this was in the original template, but probably should be
      % added to engraver-init.ly
      \override DynamicLineSpanner #'Y-offset = ##f
    }
  }
}

Am I mistaken in thinking alignment-distances is supposed to ignore
the loose lines between staves?

Regards,
Neil