Re: website search box

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: website search box
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:52:16 +0000

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Patrick McCarty <address@hidden> wrote:
> Looking at the HTML for every page, the upper-case node name is the
> "first child", but the lower-case node name is the "second child";
> that's why this rule is breaking.

ah.

> BTW, it would be nice if texi2html did not append #blah to the
> hyperlinks when it's not necessary.  Do you know if this can be
> controlled in the init file?

Yes, it absolutely can be controlled.

No, I don't know how to do it.  If you're not scared of perl -- and I
mean this honestly, without any insult implied; perl looks scary
(which is extremely stupid for a scripting language) -- then I'd
estimate it would be 1-2 hours to fix.

1.  Find the spot in the texi2html source code (not our init file)
that deals with anchors.
2.  Copy that function into our init file.
3,  Modify that function.

Estimates: 30-90 minutes are spent on #1, 30-90 seconds are spent on
#2, 15 minutes on #3, and whatever time is remaining is spent on
testing.