Re: ./autogen.sh question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: ./autogen.sh question
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:23:48 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:
On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Mats Bengtsson
<address@hidden> wrote:
If I recall correctly, you also have to rerun it every time the file VERSION
has been updated, i.e. when a new (minor) version has been released.

No; I believe that Jan responded somewhat angrily when this was last
suggested.  :)

I just checked by changing the VERSION to 2.15.10 and running make
without configure, and out/bin/lilypond shows 2.15.10 as the version
number.
Thanks for the correction. This used to be necessary some time in the past (probably many years back) and I've kept the habit since then.

  /Mats

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering