Re: [frogs] Patch for Issue #830

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [frogs] Patch for Issue #830
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:18:17 +0000

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Monday, December 21, 2009 2:46 PM

>> If git
>> can be configured to automatically fix whitespaces, then I'll
>> copy&paste the command and then stop pushing commits that add
>> whitespace errors.
>
> As far as I know it can't.

What are these webpage about?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/591923/make-git-automatically-remove-trailing-whitespace-before-committing
http://stubbisms.wordpress.com/2008/07/30/git-rebase-svn-and-whitespace/

The apply.whitespace  looks promising for my
  git am 0001-blah
commands.  And "git hook pre-commit" sounds like a great candidate for
having this done before the patch is even made.

And in the first link, somebody even mentions setting them "via
git-config in your actual project space, which edits ./.git/config as
opposed to ~/.gitconfig. Nice to keep the settings consistent among
all project members."

Could this be set up *once*, then have the configuration "just work"
for everybody using git?

I leave further investigation to people who know more + have more
interest in git.