Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 20:58:45 +0000

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 08:23:42PM +0100, Francisco Vila wrote:

> >> This is perfectly acceptable, and I think a confirmation of Valentin,
> >> the other administrator, will be enough to decide to request it to
> >> Savannah hackers.  If this happens, we should send a big fat warning on
> >> the list and info-lilypond, and put a news item on lilypond.org, to
> >> announce the name change.
> >
> > No problem as far as I'm concerned. That being said, I kinda like
> > -user-fr, since it makes clear that this is an user-oriented list
> > (most developers can handle enough English to use -devel anyway).

That's a good point.  I mean, if somebody submits a bug report to
the es list, presumably somebody would translate it and send it to
the bug-lilypond list.

> I should be more comfortable having lilypond-es and lilypond-user-fr
> than forcing a rename of the fr list. I am also willing to go on with
> lilypond-user-es if regularity over names is so much important, but
> probably -utilisateurs or -fr alone would have been better from the
> begninning. I other words, I do not want to impose my name scheme to
> anyone, and I feel that a rename of an existing list is always a pain.

I agree with almost everything you said -- a rename would be a bit
of a pain, and it would have been nice if the fr list was just -fr
from the beginning.  However, I'm _not_ comfortable with
lilypond-es and lilypond-user-fr; I'd like a consistent naming
scheme.

> Waiting for any directions on what to do from my side.

The only thing we're waiting for is a definite decision about the
name.  In most cases when this happens, I'll just declare a
definite decision and see if anybody objects, but since this is
about translations I don't want to do this.

John, please decide to go with lilypond-user-es.  Once you've
decided that, I'll make the list, and this task will be done.