Re: anybody know autogen.sh ?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: anybody know autogen.sh ?
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 12:30:00 +0100

Le dimanche 27 décembre 2009 à 01:14 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
> I'm getting weird autogen-related errors in GUB, which is puzzling,
> since I can't think of any recent futzing around with autogen.sh
> (either in the GUB git tree or in lilypond itself).

Isn't GUB supposed to call smart-autogen.sh (which was created specially
for GUB) instead of autogen.sh?

> I then tried making sure that I can do autogen.sh in a plain old
> out-of-tree build, but it fails.  It's obvious why -- look near the
> top of the file:
> if [ ! -f autogen.sh -o stepmake/autogen.sh -nt autogen.sh ]; then
>     echo "stepmake/autogen.sh is newer.  Copying file."
>     cp -f stepmake/autogen.sh autogen.sh
>     exec ./autogen.sh "$@"
>
> since the *current* directory has no stepmake/autogen.sh, this step fails.

In a manual out-of-tree build, you're not supposed to call autogen.sh,
but configure.  If configure doesn't exist, then run autogen.sh in the
source dir.  I don't know well how all this works in GUB, though.

HTH,
John