Re: lilycontrib

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: lilycontrib
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 19:54:20 +0000

On 28/12/09 17:46, Graham Percival wrote:
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Mark Polesky<address@hidden>  wrote:
Graham Percival wrote:
Dscho offered to make a custom git installer for windows,
which apparently would have this built-in.

I'm currently on a Windows XP machine (just for this week);
and it works fine.

ok, in that case let's not bother him.  As long as you explain how to
move the file into the git bash shell (can you copy it with the
windows explorer, or does it need to be done on the command-line ?)
in the CG, that's fine.

Thanks, all, for confirming we *haven't* got a problem.

Mark, this means you've got the option in your re-design of the CG chapter headings to have a split between
* contributors using the git GUI and lilypond-git (formerly lilycontrib)
* contributors using git and git-cl from the bash shell

instead of
* contributors working on Linux/Unix whom we consider are cool and real developers and use the command line for git and git-cl
* contributors working on Windows who are always have to use a GUI.
* contributors in MAC-OSX who are really Linux developers in disguise whom we don't really need to bother about
Cheers,
Ian