Re: Autobeaming

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Autobeaming
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:13:51 +0100

"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:

> For varying time signatures changes could still
> be made via \overrideTimeSignatureSettings.

I consider it a grave user interface mistake to have some things work
only with \overrideTimeSignatureSettings,  but not with
\override timeSignatureSettings.

It is already bad enough that the completely arbitrary keyword/object
relation override/revert->grob, set/unset->context is demanded from the
user.  Now introducing artificial phrases that use the verb "override"
for operating on a context property is really going off the deep end.

Why have \overrideTimeSignatureSettings when timeSignatureSettings is
not to be associated with "override"?