Re: Make doc broken by french translation

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Make doc broken by french translation
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 00:14:15 +0100

Le mardi 29 décembre 2009 à 20:37 -0700, Carl Sorensen a écrit :
> The documentation is broken right now due to the french translation of the
> Notation reference.
>
> A bad index entry is found in Documentation/fr/out-www/notation.cp
>
> Line 2 in this file is:
>
> \entry{\par }{1}{\code {\par }}
>

> In the corresponding file Documentation/out-www/notation.cp, line 2 is
>
> \entry{Manuals}{1}{\code {Manuals}}
>

> I'm guessing there's something wrong with the translation, and that's beyond
> my expertise, so I'm just reporting it.

The error I got was about @rweb macro call in fr/macros.itexi; it's
certainly a subtle difference between @rweb and @rlearning macros, or a
bug in texinfo.tex, as previously there was a call to @rlearning that
worked fine.  It took me hours (until 3am) to figure out this, I
aplogize for having messed up rebuild of French docs (and thus not
noticed this bug) before pushing.

Best,
John